Swimming gives a great leisure to people who enjoy swimming a lot. Therefore, knowing the secrets to keep your pool clean is a must. It becomes very essential to keep your pool clean and hygienic as the dirty and stagnant water breeds many kinds of bacteria such as Escherichia coli. These bacteria can cause serious urinary infections and harm your skin as well.
Pool pumps are designed to pump water out of the pipes, which makes water circulation proper and helps in the distribution of chemicals into water equally. Chlorine works greatly as a disinfectant. Its mixture with water creates a compound, which helps in killing harmful bacteria in water, making it clean and suitable for swimming.
Considering these facts pumps become a very essential part of pool cleaning. However, situations might arrive where your pumps die or stop functioning properly. In certain conditions it breaks down completely as pool pumps work for longer hours they become prone to mechanical mishaps. In such situations water circulation comes to a halt. Ordering a new one can take a lot of time, which can make the pool water infectious. That’s where you need to know every trick to circulate water into the pool without the use of a pump.
Here are certain easy ways which will help you in circulating the water into pool without the use of a pump
1) Use a Siphoning hose
This method is usually used in the above ground pool and works best for them. A siphoning tube is a flexible plastic tube, which is made of a soft plastic material. The hose is open ended from both the ends. You can also extend its length by attaching it to a garden hose. The basic requirement in this method of Siphoning is a hose of a desirable length so that water can be circulated easily.
Steps to Siphon water from a pool
- Determine the correct length of the hose that will be required during the process.
- Be aware of the quantity of water that your drainage system can hold easily.
- Put one end of the hose inside the above ground pool and connect the other end to a tap.
- Allow water to flow inside the tube, draining directly into the pool area.
- Immediately close the tap and remove the garden hose from the siphon hose, let it point downwards towards the ground.
- This procedure will allow the water to flow from the pool to the ground. Thus completing the Siphoning process.
Now wait as the Siphoning hose empties your pool. Once your pool is empty open the inlet valve to allow the freshwater in. You can try this process twice or thrice a week for better circulation.
Pros of the Siphoning process
- It is very easy to be accessed by anyone.
- It is highly affordable.
- It is a great substitute of a pump.
Cons of the Siphoning process
- It is a very time consuming process.
2) Use a Shop Vacuum
It is considered to be a best alternative for draining water out of the pool without the use of a pump. The siphoning method can take a lot of time in emptying a small pool. In contrast to that, a shop vacuum takes a very small amount of time. It works finely for both in-ground and above ground pool. The shop vacuum works by creating a suction effect from the vacuum bag which is further connected to a cleaner. Inside the vacuum cleaner there is a small electric motor connected to it. As the motor spins, the fan starts to suck air inside the vacuum bag. This scenario builds up a negative pressure inside the vacuum hose thus creating a greater atmospheric pressure which pushes water into the hose.
Steps to use Shop Vacuum cleaner
- Before starting with the process, make sure that the hose is big enough to maintain a clear distance between the pump and the cleaner.
Note: If the vacuum hose is not long enough you can easily extend it by adding a garden hose of reasonable size to it.
- Fit the garden hose to the vacuum hose and then switch on the shop vacuum.
- The shop vacuum will then suck the water from the pool through the garden hose, emptying into the debris bag.
- Open the debris bag and let the water flow out.
This process is best suited for circulating water from the pool. It takes less than an hour to drain an entire small kiddie pool. After the entire process is done open the inlet valve and allow the freshwater inside the pool. Doing this will ensure proper water circulation in the pool.
Pros of using a Shop Vacuum cleaner
- This process saves your time as compared to the Siphoning process.
- It very easy to be processed.
Cons of using the Shop Vacuum cleaner
- It might cost you more as compared to the Siphoning process.
How to maintain your pool without a pump
Water circulation is the heart of the pool maintenance. You can use any relevant methods to clean your pool from time to time. But before disinfecting your pool, be aware of the pH reading of your pool water. You can easily measure the chemical reading of your pool water by a testing kit, which is easily available in the market. To maintain the cleanliness you can add chlorine tablets in your pool water or do daily brushing of the bottom area of your pool to avoid algae formation.
As stated earlier pumps are the major key for the maintenance of the pool and its cleanliness. So once your pump has died you need to show keen attention to its proper functioning. Proper water circulation and functioning is the major reasons behind the sparkling clean water of any pool. The regular functioning of the pump can make it weaker and not suitable for use. In order to compensate in such situations, every pool owner should be aware of other methods for the circulation of pool water without the use of a pump. The above mentioned methods are the best and yet affordable for anybody to try when their pool pump fails.
Top 10 Trending Articles