Having a pool is beautiful and fancy but comes with a lot of maintenance as well. Though the skimming nets take care of most of the dirt and debris that floats on the surface of the pool, the bottom is a tricky area to deal with. All the bird droppings, heavy leaves, dirt, algae, pebbles, debris, etc. settle to the bottom and getting rid of this is a strenuous task, without any doubt. However, that’s not tricky to the extent that we cannot go about cleaning the bottom of our pool all by ourselves. Here’s everything you can do to get a sparkling clean pool.
- Talking about the stains that you get to see at the bottom of the pool could be either organic or inorganic in nature. Organic stains are a result of leaves, berries, algae, worms, dead animals, or other organic debris. The best way to get rid of these stains is to apply some chlorine on the spot. If the stain is a result of some rust or chemicals, then you need to keep a check on the pH of the water. It is always better to consult a professional for checking the pH of your pool and to maintain the desired level.
- If your pool is a plaster lining one, you can go for acid washing your pool as well. This will remove all those tough stains and result in a fresh, neat and a clean pool.
- Shocking your plaster pool with chlorine is yet another great option to get rid of those stains.
- If the bottom of your pool has iron stains then you can try using ascorbic acid and if they are copper stains then citric acid yields the desired result.
- In addition to maintaining the right pH balance, it is also critical to keep checking the level of chemicals and hardness level of the water as well.
- There are some robotic pool cleaners out there that efficiently target the bottom of your pool. Though a little on the expensive side, a robotic pool cleaner will give you the desired result in a matter of minutes.
- Algae is one of the toughest issues to deal with. The situation gets worse when it settles down to the bottom of your pool. Dealing with this is cumbersome. What you can do to get rid of this is to shock your pool. Consult an expert for the same as the entire process would be better handled in such a case.
- If you are light on your budget and all the above methods seem to be expensive for you then go for manual cleaning. This is the most difficult, time consuming and tiresome of all the options. You’ll have to empty your pool scrub the bottom manually, the very thought of which is scary. Agree?
The best way to reduce efforts as far as care and maintenance of your pool is concerned is by regularly maintaining it.
Watch the Video till End
Top 10 Trending Articles