Just like any other device, your pool cleaner might also malfunction. Here are some of the problems that you might face and how to proceed with repairing.
A common issue with automatic pool cleaners is that they stop working or just don’t start to proceed with cleaning. If that’s the issue you face with your Polaris pool cleaner then look for the possible reasons for the same and then deal with them. Some common problem areas could be –
- The booster pump is broken. Though this can be repaired, but the time and effort that goes in is way more than what the replacing the pump requires.
- To set your Polaris into action, you’ll have to attach it to the return jet. For this, a “quick disconnect” is required. This is a small piece and has a screen inside it that collects the debris from your filter. This feature ensures that the debris doesn’t enter the cleaner. Now, the reason why your Polaris isn’t moving could be that the screen is clogged. If that’s the case then detach it, dispose the debris by rinsing it. While you do so, also check whether there’s any leakage. If yes, then that’s an indication of a broken quick disconnect. You’ll have to replace it in that case.
- In some cases, your Polaris might refuse to start working if the hose is leaking. Try repairing it using a waterproof tape. If that doesn’t work, replace it.
- A back up valve that your Polaris is equipped with enables it to move and collect the debris. If it is broken, call an expert to see whether it can be repaired. If no, replace it.
- If the tail moves back and forth and the back up valve is working fine but the wheels fail to turn, then the issue might be a broken belt. Dealing with this is easy. Just lift the cleaner and check to see if all the wheels turn or not. If no, open the cleaner and see whether the belts are damaged or not. If yes, then replace them.
- Another issue is the cleaner tangling up while cleaning. Dealing with this is simple as well. The first thing you need to do is to check the length of the hose. The issue could be a result of either the hose length being too short or could be too long as well. To arrive at an optimal length, Connect the hose to the quick disconnect and reach to the farthest pool point by holding the other end of the hose. Add or subtract a few inches to this length and you’re sorted.
- Sometimes, the cleaner might not move freely because the cables, hose could be very stiff. For this, lay them in sun for good 2 to 3 hours. The issue should be solved with this. If it doesn’t, then opt for a replacement.
Watch the Video till End
Top 10 Trending Articles