Pool cleaners have made it easy beyond words to enable everyone live their dream of having a beautiful clean pool to relax after a busy day. But, to enjoy every bit of it, choosing the right pool cleaner is the key. There are thousands of pool cleaners available in the market, thus adding more to the confusion. Well, if you are looking for a decent quality suction pool cleaner, this article will help you make the right choice. Here, we’ll talk everything in detail about Zodiac MX6 In-Ground Suction Side Pool Cleaner. Keep reading to learn more.
|Parameter||Zodiac MX6 In-Ground Suction Side Pool Cleaner|
|Dimensions||40.38 x 8.88 x 14.75 inches|
|Color||Blue / Gray|
|Input voltage||No electric power is required as this works on suction.|
|Cleaner Type||Suction pool cleaner|
|Ideal for pool type||In-ground pools.|
|Ideal for pool size||Medium and small pools|
|Ideal for pool surface||Concrete, Tile, Vinyl and Fiberglass|
|Pool coverage||Floor, walls and waterline|
|Assembly required||Yes. Minimal.|
|Material||Good quality plastic|
|Connection||Skimmer or 1.5" Vacuum Line|
|Traction||X-Drive Technology with X-Trax|
|Pump power||It can be used with 2 speed and variable pumps. A pump with a power of 25 gallons per minute is recommended.|
|Cable length||30 feet|
|Hose type||Advanced Twist Lock Hose|
|Components included||An automatic Weir Valve, 90° Twist Lock Elbow, 7 x 1.2m Twist Lock Hose Lengths, Flow Regulator Valve, Hose Float, Hose Protector, Warranty Card.|
|Handles||Easy grip handles for convenient debris removal and transport|
|Material of tracks||Rubber|
|Is leaf catcher included||No. You'll have to buy this separately.|
|Navigation||X-drive navigation that talks about intelligent navigation|
- Assembly – The sole purpose of buying a pool cleaner is to reduce the manual efforts required in cleaning the pool. Simply put, the users aren’t willing to spend time, be it for cleaning for even assembling the unit for that matter. So, when the customers buy a pool cleaner, how easy it is to assemble the same is given utmost importance to. On that note, Zodiac MX6 is very easy to assemble. Any person can assemble the unit without having to need a professional. As a user, you get all the required accessories to put in place and get started.
- Design – Zodiac MX6 suction pool cleaner boasts of a sleek and a compact design. This is an extremely lightweight pool cleaner thus making it very easy to carry from one place to another. The body is made of good quality plastic. Also, since the body is made of plastic, there isn’t any issue of the cleaner facing rust problems.
- Cyclonic suction – This is one of the best features of Zodiac MX6 suction pool cleaner that makes it worth considering. The mechanism here is such that the cleaner’s turbines spin as the water passes over them. This paves the way for powerful suction that sucks all the debris around. Though there isn’t any scrubbing involved, the suction power itself is strong enough to collect all the dirt and debris.
- Pool cleaner type – Zodiac MX6 suction pool cleaner is ideal for in-ground pools. Also, this isn’t a cleaner that’s designed for bigger pools. If you are a small or medium sized pool owner, then this pool cleaner is worth considering, without a doubt. But if you are willing to use this for a pool that’s slightly bigger, you can continue to do so. Just bring in those extra hoses and you are good to go.
- Cleaning coverage – This suction pool cleaner helps you get rid of all the debris from the pool surfaces. Well, not just that – the cleaner climbs the walls and stairs as well. The turbine blades make it easier for the cleaner to climb easily. A combination of X-Drive Technology with X-Trax and rugged track design ensures great climbing and maneuverability. All this gives you a sparkling clean pool in no time.
- Pool surface – This pool cleaner from Zodiac is ideal for pools of all surface types – be it concrete, Tile, Vinyl or Fiberglass.
- Storage – This being a compact model, there aren’t any problems faced as far as storage is concerned.
- Navigation – This suction pool cleaner showcases a smooth and intelligent navigation as it is equipped with X-drive navigation system. It sails through easily and doesn’t get stuck at the corners as well. This simply means that all that dirt and debris that’s collected in the corners is captured with ease by this cleaner. This cleaner can work in reverse motion as well, thus adding more to the stunning features.
- Cable – This pool cleaner comes with a cable that is 30 feet long. This length is perfect for small to medium sized pools. However, if you wish to use this pool cleaner for larger pools, you can buy extra hose to fix the issue. Additionally, this pool cleaner boasts of an advanced Twist Lock Hose that makes it stand apart from the rest. This feature not only provides simple connection but reduces vacuum loss at the same time.
- Removing the debris from the unit – Removing the collected debris from the unit cannot get easier. This cleaner comes with a quick lock feature. On using this feature, the unit gets unlocked and the debris can be removed easily from it. This simply means that the whole process of removing the collected debris and dust is easy.
- User comfort – How easy is the pool cleaner to use and the level of comfort attained has pivotal role to play. As far as Zodiac MX6 suction pool cleaner is concerned, it comes with easy-grip handles that call for easy debris removal. Also, carrying this unit from one place to another is no longer an issue to be bothered about.
- Warranty – Zodiac MX6 suction pool cleaner comes with a warranty period of one year.
Zodiac MX6 is a great suction pool cleaner that does the job of cleaning just right. The assembly is easy. The maintenance involved isn’t an issue to bother about. This is that one ideal cleaner that is perfect for small pools. It comes with a truck load of features like intelligent navigation, cyclonic suction, sleek and compact design, excellent traction, low on maintenance and great cleaning coverage, to name a few. This is totally worth a consideration if looking for a sparkling clean pool without wanting to put in efforts. For the price you pay, this will not leave you disappointed.
Watch the Video till End
Frequently asked questions
- What is the maintenance required for the tracks?
The tracks of Zodiac MX6 boast of X-Drive Technology with X-Trax. It is because of this why the pool cleaner offers great traction. However, these tracks will have to be replaced after regular use. This is to ensure that the pool cleaner has a longer life.
- What pump pressure is required to operate zodiac MX6?
To be able to use this suction pool cleaner for best results, a minimum suction power of 25 gallons per minute is recommended. Also, the innovative low-flow design of this pool cleaner is such that it is ideal for pools with 2-speed or variable speed pumps.
- Does Zodiac MX6 suction pool cleaner come with a leaf catcher?
You’ll have to buy the leaf catcher separately. If your pool collects a lot of leaves and relatively larger debris then it is always advised on buying a leaf canister. Installing this to your unit isn’t difficult at all.
- What to do if the cleaner get stuck at stairs?
This is not a very common scenario that users observe. However, if you face this, you could try the following measures and one of these should be able to solve your issue –
- Check whether the hose length is ideal for your pool or not. If no, then either add or remove the connections as required.
- Pay attention to the number of wheel rotations as well. To get a fair idea about this, carefully go through the user manual.
- Lastly, see to it that the swivel on top of the cleaner rotates freely.